America's Best Places To Retire
So, you're looking for the best places to retire in the U.S.? Retirement is about a lifestyle, not just a safe, comfortable place to live but a place where you can have fun, enjoy social activities...where there is a variety of convenient services for you to enjoy including life long learning and wellness care.
The question of the best place for YOU to retire can really only be answered by YOU! Maybe you love waking up in the morning to the sounds of birds singing and fresh mountain air. Or maybe it's the sand between your toes and the sun setting over the ocean. Or maybe you would like to walk out your back door after breakfast and onto the golf course! It may even be the hustle and bustle of a big city with theaters, museums and restaurants.
Do some retirement planning. Find a good retirement planning calculator if necessary. Take a look at your needs. What are your dreams. Make a list and then do your research.
Money Magazine examined 30 of the country's largest cities and rated them for low crime rates, rich in cultural amenities, easy access to transportation and great medical facilities. According to Money Magazine, the top 10 cities in America to retire in 2007 are:
5) San Diego, CA - Marina District
6) San Diego, CA - Liberty Station
7) Washington, DC - Penn Quarter
8) Washington, DC - Woodley Park
But, where is the best place for YOU to spend YOUR retirement years?
We'll try to help you find the best places to retire. We'll explore places like the mountains of North Georgia and the golf communities of Scotsdale, Arizona, even the Villages of Central Florida. We'll discuss the pros and the cons so you can make a clear choice...one that is right for YOU!
You can choose to search for the best retirement states or the best retirement communities by lifestyle. Whatever is most important to you, we're here to help you find the best places to retire in America!
- Best Places To Retire
- We're doing our homework and searching America looking for the best places to retire.
- Alabama Retirement Communities
- You might want to consider one of the Alabama Retirement Communities if you are looking for an affordable place to retire. With some of the lowest taxes in the nation and a median home price....
- Alaska Retirement Communities
- If you enjoy an adventure, you may want to consider one of the Alaska retirement communities...
- Arizona Retirement Communities
- There are lots of great Arizona Retirement Communities and you can find the one that is right for you!
- Retirement Communities In Arkansas
- Can't decide where to retire? Once you learn about all of the benefits, you may want to consider one of the retirement communities in Arkansas.
- California Retirement Communities
- Before you decide which of the California Retirement Communities is the right one for you, make sure that you do your homework.
- Colorado Retirement Communities
- Despite the relatively high cost of living, Colorado retirement Communities offers retirees some spectacular scenery as well as amazing outdoor adventures.
- Retirement Communities in Connecticut
- Age-restricted communities in New England are on the rise with retirement communities in Connecticut being one of the three hottest spots
- Delaware Retirement Communities
- Many people never consider Delaware retirement communities but with over 24 miles of sandy beaches that have been rated among the cleanest in the nation by the Clean Beaches Council, it may be worth..
- Florida Retirement Communities
- Are you considering one of the Florida Retirement communities as your destination? If you do your homework, you can find just the right place for just the right price!
- Georgia Retirement Communities
- Georgia is quickly becoming one of the nations more popular retirement destinations. With so many Georgia retirement communities to choose from, there is one that is right for you.
- Retire in Hawaii
- Would you like to retire in Hawaii? Retiring in Hawaii and living in paradise is a dream that many people have but there are a lot of things to consider before you make that all important decision.
- Idaho Retirement Communities
- Idaho retirement communities are becoming more and more popular, especially among law enforcement officers from the western part of the United states who are retiring. When asked why they chose...
- An Illinois Retirement Community
- It may not be Florida, Arizona or even the Carolinas, but an Illinois Retirement Community is quickly becoming the choice of more and more seniors.
- Indiana Retirement
- Considering the Midwest? You may want to consider Indiana retirement. This Midwestern state of about 6.3 million residents offers a number of very hospitable cities and small towns that are very aff
- State of Iowa Retirement Communities
- Unlike other states, the state of Iowa has very few master-planned retirement communities, high rise condos or country club golf resorts. Instead...
- Louisiana Retirement Communities
- With its richly unique culture, Louisiana retirement communities are attracting more and more seniors.
- Maine Retirement Communities
- Do you think that you might be interested in one of the Maine retirement communities? The state of Maine has been doing their best to encourage retirees to consider Maine when they are looking for...
- Senior Housing Minnesota
- Looking for Senior housing Minnesota? Here you'll find some much needed information to help you make the right choice.
- Retirement Communities in Mississippi
- Southern Hospitality is alive and well in Mississippi. So if you are considering one of the retirement communities in Mississippi, no matter where you are from, be prepared to be greeted with....
- Montana Retirement Communities
- If you are an active adult looking for a place that offers retirees a quiet yet adventurous retirement, one of the Montana retirement communities may be a place you might want to consider.
- Retire To Nevada
- Are you thinking about whether or not you want to retire to Nevada? You might want to check out this information first...
- New Jersey Retirement Communities
- The beauty and convenience is attracting many retirees to New Jersey retirement communities. No matter where you are in the state, you are never more than a few hours drive to a big city.
- Retirement Communities New Mexico
- If you're and active senior looking for a place where you can enjoy a wide variety of cultural as well as outdoor activities, you might want to consider retirement communities new mexico.
- Retirement Communities in New York
- Out of the many retirement communities in New York, fthere's bound to be one for you whether you enjoy the excitement of a big city or the adventures of the great outdoors
- North Carolina Retirement Communities
- Consider this if you're considering any of the great North Carolina retirement communities...
- Considering An Ohio Retirement Community?
- Every year, more and more of Ohio’s retirees are choosing an Ohio retirement community to spend their retirement years.
- Oregon Retirement Communities
- Many retirees who are considering Oregon retirement communities are finding that Oregon can be a lot more than just a beautiful coastline
- Retirement Communities In Pennsylvania
- Make sure you do your homework before you decide on one of the many retirement communities in Pennsylvania...
- South Carolina Retirement Communities
- Interested in one of the South Carolina retirement communities? Here's some information you'll need to know!
- Retirement Communities Tennessee
- Lots of people may overlook the many retirement communities Tennessee has to offer when considering where they want to retire but Tennessee has a lot to offer that may have you thinking twice!
- Texas Retirement Communities
- If you are considering one of the texas retirement communities as a place to spend your “Golden Years”, you’ll find that Texas has a lot to offer retirees.
- Utah Retirement
- If you are looking for an affordable, crime-free place to retire, you may want to consider Utah retirement.
- Virginia Retirement Communities
- Whether you enjoy the city, the country, the mountains or a home on the water, Virginia retirement communities offer retirees a wide range of choices.
- Retirement Communities in Washington
- If you enjoy adventure, one of the retirement communities in Washington State may be the perfect retirement spot for you.
- West Virginia Retirement Communities
- If you would like to retire to a rural setting, one of West Virginia retirement communities may be just what you are looking for.
- 10 Best Places To Retire
- Everyone seems to have an opinion on where are the 10 best places to retire in America and we at Americas Best Places To Retire are no different.
- Active Senior Communities
- Considering one of the active senior communities? There are pros and cons to these over age 55 retirement communities.
- Assisted Living Homes
- There are close to 1,000,000 Assisted Living Homes throughout the US. So how do you find the right Assisted Living Home?
- Golf Retirement Communities
- Considering Golf Retirement Communities? You need to read this first!
- RV Communities And Retirement
- RV Communities can be great places to retire but they're not for everyone.
- Retirement Planning Tools
- Retirement planning tools can be a great help whether you are looking forward to retirement or even if you are already retired.
- Retirement Planning Articles
- Here are some great retirement planning articles loaded with lots of important information regarding your retirement options.
- Retirement Living Information Center
- Whether you're retired or just thinking about retirement, the retirement living information center can help you to make the best of you golden years.
- Your Retirement Stories
- Choosing the best retirement place can be quite an experience. Retirement stories can be a nightmare or they can be wonderful experience.
- Site Policies
- Advertising Policy
- advertising policy
- Contact Us
- contact us
- Life Insurance for Seniors
- Looking for affordable life insurance for seniors? Since it’s something that many of us don’t want to talk about or even think about, oftentimes, we don’t get the necessary life insurance we need...
- The City of Charleston, SC retirement
- The city of Charleston has recently received a lot of recognition as one of the 10 best places to retire in america by not only Americas Best Places To Retire but other reputable sites like...
- Richardson Texas Retirement Communities
- Located in the northern inner suburb of Dallas is Richardson Texas. With a population of just over 100,000, this affluent community has made several “Best Places” lists including our own ...
- Retirement Communities in Alabama - Mobile
- If you are considering one of the retirement communities in Alabama, you may want to take a closer look at Mobile Alabama.