If you’re on a budget, mobile home retirement communities may be the answer for you. There are many options with mobile home communities.
Some communities offer land and home packages for sale. Others offer just the mobile home and you can lease the lot. Still others offer a package where you can lease both the mobile home and the land.
• Sometimes you and get a great deal on a land and home package if the mobile home is an older home. You then have the option to replace the home with a newer one.
• 55 plus mobile home retirement communities are a great choice if you are looking for an affordable first or second home.
• These communities are usually very quiet and cozy. Where neighbors can enjoy the benefits of living in a close knit community without giving up there privacy.
• Unless you buy the land, they are not a very good investment. Mobile homes decrease in value over time but if you own the land, it will offset some of the loss.
• If you choose to buy the home used, you need to have it inspected to make sure it is not in need of any major repairs.
A lot of folks ask, “What’s the difference between a Mobile Home and a Manufactured Home?” Although both are factory built homes and both are often referred to as mobile homes, mobile homes actually were built before 1976 when the Housing and Urban Development code came into effect. Manufactured homes were built after 1976 and were built to meet or exceed the Housing and Urban Development codes.
One of the great thing about these communities is not only are they affordable but you can even find ones with all of the amenities like golf, swimming, hiking trails, or even on a lakefront.
Many retirees who would normally find Florida to be too expensive have chosen to retire to a Florida Mobile Home Community where prices are much more reasonable.
Return To Americas Best Places To Retire Homepage From Mobile Home Retirement Communities