Assisted Living RV Retirement Communities - CARE
Did you know that there are several assisted living RV retirement communities? You no longer need to trade in your RV if you need assisted living!
About an hour and a half Northeast of Houston, in Livingston Texas, is a unique RV park known as CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees). Founded in 1992, CARE is a non-profit organization that provides a safe place with professional assistance at affordable prices for members whose travels may be either permanently ended because of age or temporarily interrupted because of health problems.
This is one of the RV retirement communities where you can park your RV and sleep in your own bed knowing that someone is on call 24 hours a day and will be their to assist you with normal daily activities like bathing, dressing and transportation.
Residency services run about $800 a month plus $400 for each additional resident. This includes:
• Campsite with concrete pad and a phone line
• $50 of electric usage paid
• Use of private storage shed
• Three meals, plus snack seven days a week for the caregiver as well as the participant
• Housekeeper and laundry service
• Help with dumping and switching propane tanks
• Transport to local health services
• Supervised shopping weekly
• Use of all adult day care service
There is also a Licensed Adult Day-Care Program that accepts Alzheimer's patients which will run about $28.00/day with a $5.00 discount to Escapees members.Here they will:
• Monitor blood pressure, weight, general health
• Assist with medications, including injections
• Assist with bathing and personal grooming
• Assist with eating
• Assist with toileting and toilet hygiene
• Assist with walking and exercises
There are some Additional fees for:
• Additional laundry service
• Electricity over $50.00 a month
• Propane costs
• You are required to have a telephone for emergencies. This will be at your own expense.
• The adult day care services are for the one designated as participant. If a caregiver or spouse also wishes to participate in the ADC program, there is an additional fee.
• Extra help with maintenance
• Extra transportation: The Brazos Transit System operates an on-demand local handicapped-accessible bus service on weekdays. The CARE staff will make your arrangements.
• Sitter service for those who cannot safely be left without some supervision after hours or on weekends and holidays.
So, if you enjoy living in your RV but are in need of a senior assisted living community, CARE in Livingston Texas may be just what you have been looking for.
Return To RV Communities from Senior Assisted Living RV Retirement Communities
Return To Americas Best Places To Retire Homepage